Human-Data Interaction (HDI) is a newly emerging field with the first two scientific workshops on the topic having been held in 2021. In a nutshell, HDI advocates a conscious, deliberate, and analytic perspective on data where we humans are aware of the incoming and outgoing data streams around us, can justify them, and are able to analyze them to the benefit of ourselves, our institutions and companies, and our society.
A key ingredient to HDI is interactive data visualization. On one hand, appropriate visualization can help to make data digestible and understandable. On the other hand, visualization can act as an interaction canvas through which to analyze the data. Consequently, next-gen analytic tools make ample use of interactive queries and visualizations to enable HDI with petabytes of streaming data with sub-second latency through.
This webinar will introduce and showcase concrete approaches for visual-interactive engagement with data, as well as discuss the organizational potentials and challenges in embracing and using them in a company setting.
- Hans-Jürg Schulz, associate professor for Data Visualization and Visual Analytics, at the Department of Computer Science at Aarhus University in Denmark.
- Jesper Mosegaard, Sr. Engineering Manager, Humio
- Carolina Benjaminsen, CEO, DigitalLead and facilitator of this Digital Insight-webinar
• Learn about cutting-edge approaches in data visualization.
• Gain insight into what visualizations can do for you and your data.
• Get a forecast on where current research in the area is heading and which results to expect in the near future.